Monday, August 27, 2012

Crazy is as Crazy Does

I can't believe it's been over 4 years since I've started this blog and I haven't posted.  I have to admit I have gone through some very stressful times and blogging wasn't on my agenda, but I'm thinking it could be very therapeutic for me to start again.  So my text is in Green, because Green means go. 

As you can read in my profile, my youngest daughter has Cystic Fibrosis.  I have spent a lot of time in the hospital with her over the past few years, and have not been able to hold a job.  My mom is now retired and is helping me by watching her so I applied for a job with a real estate company to be the office manager.  I got the job and today was my first day.  So here's my crazy first day, back to work.

I was supposed to be there at 9:00am.  At 9:15am my husband texts me to say he hopes I like my new job.  I wake up, "HOLY CRAP, WHY DIDN'T MY ALARM GO OFF?"  I flew out bed, threw on clothes, took a perfume bath and ran out the door.  No coffee, no breakfast, no shower, no makeup, but I made it there by 9:30.  Great impression for my first day.  Luckily I was saved.  The owner was with clients and couldn't talk to me anyway.  I apologized profusely and told him this is really no a reflection of how I am.  Well the girl training me had her grandbaby there.  So I spent my first day, holding a baby, while trying to learn what I'm supposed to do.  I got to bottle feed her, and burp her and although she was adorable, I didn't really learn anything.  Now, I was only supposed to work until 1pm, but the girl was doing some things so I was watching, but my mom was waiting for me at home because she had to go somewhere and I had to do Karlie's (my girl) breathing treatments at 2:00.  I left work at 1:45.  My mom had called 3 times to see if I was on the way. 

So I hurry home, throw on my pjs, because I was super hot and our a/c is broken.  I get Kar's (my nickname for her) breathing treatments going and then remember she has PT at 3:00.  Crud, I really need a shower.  So I beg my sister to drop her off so I can take a shower and then pick her up.  Which is what I do.  After that I hurry back home.  I need to cook dinner, do laundry, wash dishes and clean the house.  Instead I sit down and fall asleep on the couch.  Wow, I am so getting old.  The only thing I ended up getting done today was tacos for dinner. 

However, I had great conversation on FB chat with my wonderful cousin Kareen.  I love people who can just make me smile and laugh.  So I decided I should try harder to keep up with this blog.  Tomorrow, Fire Talk.......

Good night and Sweet Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment