Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Baby steps

 It's hard to get into this blogging thing on a regular basis, but I have made progress in my other endeavors.  I'm cooking everyday, and watching my calories.  Menu planning is fun, but so time consuming.  I do love looking for new recopies and trying them out though.  Some are amazing and some are eh and some, well not going to make those ever again.  It does feel good to get cooking again though and I love it. Yesterday I made Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken.  Today I looked back on my Facebook memories and apparently I had made the same exact thing last year on this date.  Funny.  I guess I like it but it's only a once a year dish, lol.  


                                                    


I was able to actually finish the first 2 books on my reading and just picked up 2 more.  So the first book, I read was Angela's Ashes, by Frank McCourt.  An excellent book and I highly recommend it.  I really got lost in the book, and when it ended I wanted more.  I guess the only thing I didn't get was the title.  I kind of expected that at some point his mom was going to die and he does something for her memory, but no, it was just about his childhood.  Not really sure what it had to do with Angela at all, other than she was his mom, as this book was about his childhood, but none the less, an excellent book and I want more.  

The next book was American Sherlock by Kate Dawson.  Another excellent book about America's pioneer of Crime Scene Investigation and forensic science.  It was very interesting, and while reading it I discovered more book I would like to read so I added them to my list.  My only dislike in this book is that it started talking about Oscar, but to understand him you have to read this and started a case, didn't finish it, because to understand that we had to go back again, and to understand that we had to go back again.  I felt like I kept getting left hanging and then played catch up.  Why not just start with his childhood?  Still it was an excellent book and I enjoyed reading it.

So the whole exercise this is what's giving me trouble.  I do it a couple days and then miss a couple days.  I'm working at it though and I'll get there.  

   Till next time...........

No comments:

Post a Comment